Fraxel re:store and You
What is Fraxel re:store?
Fraxel re:store laser, the original and most popular Fraxel laser treatment, is a safe, non-invasive laser skin treatment that can resurface damaged skin and uncover the skin of your youth – all with minimal impact on your daily routine.
What does Fraxel re:store do?
- Fraxel re:store laser uses patented technology to target aging and sun damaged skin with microscopic laser columns that penetrate deep into the skin.
- The Fraxel laser treats only a fraction of the tissue at a time, leaving the surrounding tissue intact, which promotes rapid healing.
- This stimulates your body’s own natural healing process, replacing the old and damaged cells with fresh, glowing, healthy skin.
What should I expect on the day of laser treatment?
There is no pre-treatment skin care regimen. On the day of your treatment, here is what happens.
- After cleansing your skin, anesthetic ointment is applied 60-90 minutes prior to treatment.
- The treatment takes approximately 20-25 minutes for a full face.
What will I look like after the Fraxel procedure?
- During the first 24 hours after treatment, your skin may feel as though it is sunburned and will appear pink or red. You may wear make-up to reduce this sunburned appearance.
- Your skin will naturally bronze over in the next week or two. As you continue treatment, the sunburned-to-bronzed appearance will repeat after each treatment.
- As with a sunburn, your skin will flake and exfoliate normally. Use a moisturizer to reduce the appearance of dry flakes as instructed.
Is it Safe?
As with any laser treatment, there are some potential side effects. The most common are swelling and redness which are typically minimal and subside quickly. Other side effects may include:
- Minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking
- Bronzed skin appearance
- Risk of infection
The intensity and duration of side effects depend on the aggressiveness of treatment and on your particular healing characteristics.
How many treatments will I need?
Clinical studies suggest that on average, an effective treatment regimen is 3 to 5 sessions spaced about 2 to 4 weeks apart.
- Depending on condition of your skin and schedule, we may choose to space treatment sessions further apart.
- This time frame and treatment structure allow for complete healing and the production of new collagen and elastin to replace damaged skin.
Am I a good candidate?
- Mild to moderate skin damage
- Irregular textur
- Age spots/sun spot
- Acne/surgical scars
- Age 35+ (for optimum results)
What can I expect?
- Smoother, fresher, younger looking skin
- Improved tone and texture
- Erasing of unwanted brown spots
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
- Improved appearance of acne scars and surgical scar